FoodBev International Consulting (Pty) Ltd is a South African registered company whose mission is to transform organizational and individual performance through business consultancy, skills development, and first-class innovative training.
We are an accredited company with FoodBev SETA (Accreditation No: 587/00176/1900). Some of our courses are also Accredited by Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
• Food Safety Management Systems (HACCP, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 and BRC); GMP, GFSI Global Markets Programme (Basic & Intermediate) Basic Food Safety and Personal Hygiene
• Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001:2015 and Lab Management Systems ISO/IEC 17025:2017
• Internal Auditing of all Management System training
• Managing Food Integrity: Food Defense (TACCP) and Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment -- VACCP)
• Food Safety Culture Implementation
• 5S Implementation & Introduction to Lean
• Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action
• Food Microbiology & Food Technology
• Gap Assessments for QMS & FSMS certification and gap assessments for laboratory Management System accreditation based on ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Our team of directors & staff is led by Mrs. Kotsanayi Katsande who holds a Master's degree in Applied Sciences (Food Technology) from the University of New South Wales, Australia, and a Bachelor of Technology degree (Applied Biology and Biochemistry) as well as a certificate in Executive Development Program and professional qualifications in Total Quality Management and Food Safety. She has over 20 years of work experience as a University Lecturer, Subject Matter Expert (Microbiology), Operational Microbiologist, Food Scientist, Medical Scientist (Bacteriology), Quality Manager, and R&D Manager. Her work experience includes working for Queensland Health Scientific Services, Australia, Agricultural Research Council of South Africa (Onderstepoort Veterinary Research Institute), The CocaCola Company in South Africa, Government Analytical Laboratory, Pork & Dairy Processing private companies, and Hospital Medical Laboratories. She is currently the Director of FoodBev International Consulting responsible for Training and Talent Development.
Our team also comprises of staff and consultants who are Food Scientists, Food Technologists, Quality, Safety, Environment and Agribusiness, and Agricultural (crop and livestock) Specialists with a wealth of experience and a shared purpose to empower and improve the food industry in Africa. We endeavor to continually engage and work in partnership with other training providers, food manufacturers, retailers, government bodies, and non-governmental organizations within the African continent and beyond.
FoodBev International Consulting conducted over 200 training courses and trained more than 3000 people in the Food Industry and Testing Laboratories in many countries including Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa, Malawi, Mauritius, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland (Eswatini) and Ethiopia. Some of our flagship training and consultancy projects include the countrywide Zambian Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry GFSI Global Markets Programme which was implemented in over 40 SMEs and over 20 primary producers.
We also have the expertise and passion to work with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in up-scaling and developing their food business operations by assisting them to gain access to markets through food safety certification.