Dairy Standard Agency Lab Services is an integral part of the Dairy Standard Agency (NPC) established by the organised dairy industry to promote the compliance of milk and other dairy products with food safety, product composition and metrology standards.
DSA Lab Services is an industry-specific laboratory service which:
- Act as independent distributor of imported and national reference standards for the calibration of equipment used to determine fat, protein, lactose, milk urea nitrogen and somatic cell counts;
- Perform efficient testing of milk and other dairy products, including microbiological, compositional sample testing and determining metrological compliance;
- Supports the dairy industry in improving compliance with legal standards of milk and other dairy products through consultation and troubleshooting.
- Conduct research projects in collaboration with industry stakeholders including academic institutions.
Qualifications required for the position:
- National Diploma or BSC Degree in Biotechnology or Microbiology.
- 5-10 Year's relevant dairy experience in a microbiology and chemical laboratory and supervising staff.
- Direct experience with quality systems and SANAS 17205.
- Draft financial budget, year to date project financial statements
- Control over procurement and invoicing
- Effective communication with management, laboratory staff and clients
- Draft of quarterly and annual management reports
- Management of laboratory practises in terms of ISO 17025
- Management over development and maintenance over of SANAS accreditation processes
- Effective and efficient administrative control etc. laboratory reports
Operational functions include:
- Apply quality procedures as required by SANAS and own policies.
- Record non-conformance and implement formal
corrective actions when needed.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of calibration samples.
- Operate and use of Biomerieux instrumentation i.e.Tempo, Vidas and Mini Vitek, Vitek Compact as well as Vitek MS (Maldi-Tof)
- Prepare samples for chemical/compositional analysis.
- Operate of Cryoscope, Foss FoodScan, Foss MilkoScan, Fossomatic as well as Spectrophotometer
- Perform microbiological, physical and chemical analysis as per approved methodology, using the above-mentioned instrumentation.
- Detect instrumentation problems by interpretation of values obtained.
- Interpret and accurately report results.
- Maintain laboratory equipment where appropriate.
Quality management functions:
- Assist in the compilation of methods, procedures, and work sheets.
- Maintain documents and records.
- Validate methods in use as per procedure.
- Participate in interlaboratory comparisons as per procedure.
Remuneration: Permanent position with competitive fees.
The closing date for applications is 26 October 2023
Applications with CV’s to be submitted to: Info@dairystandard.co.za
Should you have not heard from our recruitment team within two weeks, after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.