Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
The position is responsible for developing and implementing a best-in-class “go to market” approach for growing BSI’s brand in the Food & Social Compliance sectors in South Africa. This includes marketing planning and development, implementation & execution of marketing activities in order to meet lead, revenue, and targets.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Specialist, this role requires a broad marketing background that could include experience with marketing automation and tools, email, blogging, social media, direct mail, and other communication outlets.
- Responsible for developing Marketing Plans for Food & Social Compliance with input from the sector and stream champions, Regional Commercial Directors, group and regional marketing
- Create and implement campaigns using all the traditional online and offline marketing channels, specifically email marketing, digital channels, content creation, events and PR to raise BSI’s brand and meet revenue and marketing KPIs.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive to develop and execute campaigns, including email, paid search, social, display advertising, and more.
- Identify, plan, organize and promote events/exhibitions/conferences & webinars in the key sectors
- Evaluate, measure and analyse campaigns to assess their effectiveness using appropriate tools and record lessons learned
- Manage the production of sector-specific marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, and flyers. This can involve writing and proofreading copy and liaise with designers and printers.
- Collaborate with global Food & Social Compliance marketing stakeholders to cascade relevant campaigns across South Africa on Comms / Public relations & Market Research
- Measure the effectiveness of each campaign depending on the specific objectives set.
- Graduate in Marketing or relevant field
- Knowledgeable on principles, practices and techniques of marketing strategies
- 3+ years marketing experience in the food and/or social compliance sector
- Experience and knowledge with ISO standards will be an advantage
- Strong marketing experience of the full marketing mix, especially current tactics eg content and digital marketing.
- Creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- A commercial approach with proven ability to deliver financial goals and targets.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, verbal and written adapted to all levels of internal colleagues and external contacts representing the BSI brand.
- Results orientated with a record to prove it and strong customer service
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Customer-focused with the ability to fully understand BSI customer needs and requirements for the entire portfolio and BSI’s value proposition
Our Excellence Behaviours
Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.