An established food processing company requires the above to oversee the manufacturing of processed foods for the export and local markets in the most productive and cost-effective manner by effectively utilise machinery, equipment and material and, most importantly, implementing sound labour relations.Minimum requirements for the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering or Operations Management or related is essential.
- Previous management experience within a food or pharmaceutical or beverage manufacturing environment is essential.
- Previous experience in managing a large production team is essential.
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP and GLOBAL G.A.P. accreditation would be advantageous.
- Advance computer literacy is essential.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work either day or night shift during peak times.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
- Achieving production goals and objectives through the agreed KPI’s.
- Coordinating and managing the implementation of the production program as planned and prioritized by the Marketing department.
- Formulating, implementing and managing continuous improvement plans.
- Managing costs within the operation against the budget.
- Ensuring compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Leading and motivating the Production team to take ownership and pride in delivering the highest quality of product.
- Liaising and providing assistance to Suppliers.
- Implementing WCM or Lean techniques to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Managing the staff and ensuring compliance with internal policies.