20 Articles Found
Displaying Page 2 - Records
What is SASSI and why should you care?
According to the World Wildlife Fund, in South Africa, many linefish species are overexploited or have collapsed. Often significant amounts of bycatch are caught and thrown back. Some survive, but many don’t. SASSI exists to inform and educate all participants in the seafood trad
Challenging consumer decisions on sustainability
Whenever restrictions on certain harmful types of products have been proposed, the mantra has been that consumers must be offered choice. When customers choose in large numbers to consume more sustainably, then things will change.
What are you doing with your 67 minutes?
On the 18th July we celebrate Nelson Mandela Day – which is one of the most wonderful days of to year to be a South African. It is a time when we all unite together with one cause, and celebrate the legacy of Tata Madiba with actions not just words.
Why banning laptops from airplane cabins doesn't make sense
Recent reports suggest that terrorists can now create bombs so thin that they cannot be detected by the current X-ray screening that our carry-on bags undergo, so the U.S is considering banning laptops and other large electronic devices in the passenger cabins. But will this red
Consumers, not supermarkets, need empowering to tackle the food waste crisis
Consumers, not supermarkets, need empowering to tackle the food waste crisis, or so say expert psychologists. A new trans-national research study has set out the key psychological drivers that lead to consumers wasting food.
South Africa's sugar tax: a bold move, and the right thing to do
South Africa’s planned sugar tax has come under severe scrutiny from its parliamentarians. The questions they’re grappling with are whether the country needs a tax and how effective it will be.
Food Facts Friday
There's more to food than risk and compliance - there are some really amazing facts that we would like to share with you. We hope you enjoy discovering some fun food facts as much as we have!
Dark chocolate is a brain booster
We have great news – eat chocolate, it’s not only good for your soul but also your body, especially your brain. Recent studies have found that by eating dark chocolate every day, you can improve your brain’s cognitive functionality. But you still need to be mindful of ...
How to be a water-saving superhero
97% of the world’s water supply contained in the oceans leaving only 3% fresh water available for consumption and use. Today is World Water Day, so here are some more interesting (and concerning) facts about water
What's the big deal with raw milk?
How can a substance so innocent and white cause such a heated debate? “Raw” milk (insert scary sound effects here) is a hotly debated topic between food producers, consumers and the government. So here are some basic facts about raw milk – straight from the cow.
Page 2 of 2