International Coffee Day is a global celebration of coffee’s journey from the farm to your local shop — an opportunity to honour the men and women who grow and harvest the coffee we love.
Use your imagination and have fun creating events and activities dedicated to the world’s favourite drink. Here are a few ideas to get you started on planning your event or campaign for ICD 2018:
- Host a coffee cupping in your home, office, or local coffee shop
- Run a promotion or discount offer in your coffee shop
- Make a video about your love for coffee to upload to social media using the hashtag #InternationalCoffeeDay
- Host a lecture with your local coffee expert
- Run an art competition with coffee as the theme and hold an exhibition to display all the entries (photos, poems, short stories, paintings, any medium)
- Host a coffee workshop or masterclass – perhaps an introduction to brewing techniques or roasting
- Organise a visit to a coffee farm and/or washing station to get the general public interested in growing coffee
- Start a fundraising campaign to benefit development programmes in a coffee-growing region
- Have a screening of a coffee-related film
So, how are you celebrating #InternationalCoffeeDay?
Date: 01 August 2018 City: Global