Following the 'fake food' reports that have been swamping the media recently, we were asked what signs could alert you to a food that has been tampered with and is suspicious enough to warrant reporting it to the authorities. Here are some tips which could help.
You should consider these indicators:
- Are there visible signs of tampering with the date?
- Is the general quality of the printing on the labels poor?
- Where it was manufactured?
- Does it have a batch code & expiry date?
- Does it appear to have been repacked?
- Is the packaging material still intact, or is there evidence of tampering?
- Is it is much cheaper than normal? (If it seems too good to be true, then maybe it is!)
Have anything else to add? Please leave your comments below.